Thursday, February 15, 2018

Fatigue Factor

Early in the week we noticed the chance for rain later this week.  We rose to the occasion by  putting an accelerated plan in place to protect all of our work from the rain.  When you are dealing with open ground that is exposed dirt, the smallest amount of precipitation can put you behind.  Further, a large rain event can damage construction and potentially result in product failure.

I sit here drowsy eyed with my family and my baby boy Noah who turned 2 today.  I can speak for myself as well as on behalf of my entire crew and safely say we are beat!  It is also raining lightly at the moment.  We have done everything we can to get to this point.  The plan for tomorrow was sod.  Not quite sure if we will be able to accomplish that at this time.

Putting my soap box aside here’s what today’s hard work looks like.  More bunker liner system was installed by cutting, stapling and glueing in place.  Bunker sand was installed into some bunkers to protect the bunker bottom from soil contamination if a large rain event occurred.  Other bunkers were protected with tarps for same reasoning.  All of this while dodging golf balls by members who came out to enjoy the record high of 80 degrees today.















No comments:

Post a Comment